Rose Point ECS Support
The latest version of Rose Point ECS is 4.0.23003.1611
This update fixes a potential crash when configuring an NMEA 0183 Communication Port as well as a performance issue on some systems that were introduced with the 4.0.22340 update. The rest of these release notes are from that update.
When using an Automatic River Route in the Voyage Plan > Depart page, it is now possible to add another destination. This can
be used either to create a multi-stop route, or to select a route other than the shortest possible route (such as when it is
desirable to pass an island on the side opposite the one Rose Point ECS selects). For this update it is possible to add a
number of additional destinations, but only to the end of the route. And once added, destinations may not be changed or removed. We will make this more flexible in a future update.
This update replaces the NMEA 0183 sentence filtering feature with filters that include the talker identifier (the first two letters of the sentence). This allows sentences from particular devices to be filtered when a port has more than one of the same type of device as long as the devices have different talker identifiers. Since the old filter feature is being replaced with this new one, any filter configurations you might have made will need to be reapplied.
- Allow additional destinations to be added to Automatic River Routes.
- The Low Water Reference Plane datum has been added as an option when importing XYZ survey files.
- New talker-id-based NMEA 0183 Sentence Filter
- Indicate when a route leg has a discontinued current station attached in Route Details.
- Always draw IENC on top of ENC (in order to provide a better display where USACE and NOAA charts overlap).
- Tips for navigation objects will now show the name of the layer containing the object.
- Include information about Zones of Confidence in the help window.
- Added a new UDP Events mechanism which can broadcast position and other sensor information on the LAN.
- Indicate when the current layer is in a read-only file at the top of the Layers page.
- Fixed a problem with the current-based ETA calculations where some legs would show much longer transit times than they should have.
- Hide and mark cancelled Canadian charts.
- Fixed a potential crash at startup when setting the vector chart day colors with Fleet Settings.
- Fixed the datum label on Canadian tide graphs.
- Removed non-functioning Add New Place button from the Places browser.
- Route Details would not show date transition on last leg.
- Various minor issues with the new Layers browser and the ability to use multiple documents.
- Fixed a rounding error when displaying some fractional soundings using meters.
- Fixed a problem where a stack of “Save As” windows could pop up when automatically saving over a read-only file.
- Prevent access to sensor settings when the Electronics area is locked by an administrator.
- Fixed problems caused by including marks from one layer in routes of another layer.
These videos are a great way to learn more about Rose Point ECS and the +Inland add-on.
Pilot Data Add-On
An extra large display of critical navigation information.
Rose Point ECS Reference Manual
The reference manual for Rose Point ECS. (This is the same as the printed manual that is included with a Rose Point ECS purchase.)
Rose Point ECS Administrator's Guide
Extra details for installing and maintaining Rose Point ECS.
Rose Point ECS: Where Did the Commands Go?
This quick reference lists all of the commands from Rose Point ECS 2011 (3.1) and describes where to find them in Rose Point ECS 4.
Hatteland Series X G2 User Manual
Users Manual for the Hatteland X G2 Panel.
Rose Point ECS Hatteland Setup Guide
Instructions for setting up the Hatteland X G2 with Rose Point ECS
Remote Control Support Sessions
Some problems are easier to solve when we can have remote access to your PC. We can use Zoho Assist or TeamViewer to facilitate these sessions. (Depending on your PC's configuration, you might need to provide and administrator password to install either of these apps.)
During the session you will be able to watch everything that is going on and can terminate the session at any time. When the session is complete, we will no longer have access to your PC.
Please contact Rose Point Support to request a Remote Control Support Session if you have not already been given a Session ID.
If you need to use TeamViewer instead of Zoho Assist, please use the link below to download and start TeamViewer.
The TeamViewer window will show instructions for calling Rose Point Support along with an ID and a Password that were generated for the support session.