Rose Point ECS Updates
The latest version of Rose Point ECS is 4.0.21306.2307
This update increases a limit on the size of voyage recordings that can be downloaded from vessels as some vessels operating in congested areas were unable to use this feature.
We also fixed a problem that could cause an AIS to be configured with a wider than necessary beam when adjusting the broadcast size to include a tow.
- Made starting a new track optional when departing
- Added the ability to download voyage recordings to Fleet Services
- Show ATB vessels with non-scaled symbol when scaled symbol would be too small
- Fixed a problem dealing with proprietary NMEA 0183 sentences with formatters that match standard sentences
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Canadian chart updates from installing automatically
- Fixed an issue where changes to some depth options would not always work after restarting the program
This update fixes an issue where the own-ship symbol would blink for ATB configurations with some AIS transponders.
This update fixes compatibility problems with the latest Furuno AIS firmware update which now requires a password for updating the vessel size and type information as well as a few other issues.
- Added an “Update Voyage Info…” option to the AIS Status Panel popup
- Show information about the AIS model and firmware version on the port page when available
- Added several NOAA marine zone forecasts that were not previously available, including the West Coast of Mexico and several US East Coast zones that only provide forecasts under particular circumstances
- The wrong overall length was being sent to the AIS for ATB configurations
- Fixed a problem where switching back and forth between vessel types 52 and 57 would not always update the AIS
- Don’t warn about not having a type 57 vessel when selecting an empty tow configuration
This update fixes an issue updating USACE IENC charts.
This update fixes an issue that could lead to an out of memory error after running for a few days.
This update adds several big new features, including ATB Vessel configurations and the ability to purchase Canadian Vector charts. For Services subscribers, we’ve also added a new NTNI viewer and the ability to administer fleet-wide settings and access restrictions.
Our new Rose Point Vector Charts for Canada product unlocks access to all available vector charts for Canadian waters, as well as tide and current predictions and more. It can be purchased by using “Settings > Charts and Add-Ons > Store > Rose Point Vector Charts for Canada”.
Articulated Tug and Barge (ATB) vessels can now be configured in Rose Point ECS with “Settings > Vessel > Change”. When your vessel is configured as an ATB, the “Vessel > Settings” page will let you quickly switch between “light” and “coupled modes which will update the scaled vessel symbol on your chart as well as update your AIS with the new vessel size and type.
Since the USACE has changed the Notices to Navigation Interests (NTNI) website to no longer produce PDF files required by our Navigation Publications update service, we have added a new way of viewing the NTNI that is even better integrated with Rose Point ECS and lets you filter the list of notices to only include the waterway you want to see. Access to the new NTNI viewer is through the same path as before, “Conditions > Notices to Mariners and Other Nav Pubs > US Army Corps of Engineers Notices to Navigation Interests”.
The new Fleet Settings feature allows Fleet Services administrators to set default values for nearly all program options, prevent changes to certain options, and prevent access to certain areas of the program. More details will be available on the Rose Point ECS Portal soon.
- Added support for ATB Vessel configurations
- Rose Point Vector Charts for Canada are now available
- Update Services: Added an NTNI viewer to Conditions
- Fleet Services: Added Fleet Settings options
- Fleet Services: Include startup events in the tracking log
- Show bridge type (rather than nothing) for unnamed bridges in Automatic River Routes in the Route Monitor
- Show mile marker comments in the Route Monitor when using Automatic River Routes
- Removed the automatic “Look Behind” mode when backing down with “Look Ahead” enabled
- Removed the “AIS Targets” option from the Chart Type menu (you can still hide AIS targets with Settings > AIS)
- Added a limit to how long the search history can get
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Fixed a problem where canceled PRIMAR permits could lead to a charts are out-of-date status
- Fixed a problem where automatic river routes didn’t always start or end as close to the origin or destination as possible
- Fixed a problem where deleting a mile marker from an Automatic River Route in the Router Monitor could crash
- Help did not work when the Properties Panel was open
- Fixed a problem accessing chart catalogs caused by disconnected routers providing sign-in pages rather than an error
- Another tweak to the default color of mark text in dusk mode to improve visibility
- Fixed a problem that was making instrument panels wider than they should be on some monitors
Rose Point ECS +Inland will now change the AIS vessel type to 57 when a tow is configured and change the vessel type to 52 when no tow is configured as well as adjust the AIS vessel size to include the tow.
This is in accordance with the USCG AIS Encoding Guidelines, but if you are not subject to those guidelines and/or would prefer to manually adjust your AIS transponder, this behavior may be disabled with the “Settings > AIS > Update AIS vessel type and size when tow configuration changes”.
The size information from AIS type 57 vessels is no longer ignored if the +Inland add-on is not installed. This allows ATB (and other) operators to change the size of their type 57 vessel using their AIS and Rose Point ECS will show the new size.
- Updated IENC chart drawing for the new IENC 2.4 standard which the USACE is starting to use.
- Updated to NOAA’s new NEXRAD service since the old one was decommissioned.
- Added an outline around AIS Aid-to-Navigation symbols to make them a bit easier to see.
- Made the passed portion of a river route dimmer in dusk and night modes
- Using “Previous WP” on the first waypoint will no longer deactivate the route
- Using “Follow Vessel” on an AIS target will now activate that target
- Allow locked routes to be reversed
- Added an option to prevent updating the AIS when departing
- Added a way to specify an “unknown” ETA when adjusting AIS info
- Added an option to set an AIS password (pin the port settings page)
- Added an option to hide/show AIS environmental reports
- Added “Settings > Charts and Add-Ons > Store > Guide Books” to install Coast Pilots in the Places browser
- Adjusted mark/annotation text color in night mode
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Route selection highlights were not scaled correctly on high-DPI displays
- Help did not work in the Places Browser
- Help while editing instruments now shows help about instruments rather than Screens
- Fixed a problem where the incorrect LOA was sent to the AIS when a tow configuration overlapped the boat
- Fixed a problem that could lock up the program when an instrument panel was removed
- Fixed a problem with the troubleshooter when using multiple NMEA 0183 Over UDP ports
- Fixed a problem with installing nav pubs from the Charts and Add-Ons Store
- Fixed a problem where the Route Monitor would sometimes stop updating after passing the first item on a river route
- Fixed a problem where the wrong month was displayed in the ETA’s on the AIS info panels
- Fixed a problem where sometimes not all of the legs would appear in printed routes
- Fixed printing of text weather
- Fixed a problem that could cause nav pubs to be deleted when offline and then downloaded again later
- Fixed problem where AIS Sensor Panel showed own-ship ETA one month late
- Don’t save/restore the cursor tool mode anymore (so people that accidentally select the wrong one can get back to the default easily)
- Handle ChartWorld files with names like *.prm.zip and *.s63.zip (in addition to *.zip.prm and *.zip.s63)
- Mark text with the default color will now be drawn as gray in dusk and night modes
- Fixed a problem where printing some routes would not show all of the legs
- Fixed a problem where changing days on a tide/current page didn’t scroll the graph or update the daily events
- Fixed problem where changing the waypoint style would not immediately recalculate the total route length
- Made the instrument panel edit mode button toggle editing mode rather than just starting it
- Fixed a problem where AIS heading offsets set prior to V4 were still being used
- Fixed a problem handling changes to chart boundaries
- Added the ability to prevent automatic AIS updates during departure
- Fleet Services: Fixed problem with uploading large amounts of accumulated tracking data
- Hide AIS vessels reporting N/A position (rather than showing them at 0 N 0 E)
- Fixed problem where Nav Pubs were sometimes inaccessible when offline at startup
- Fixed crash when cancelling the creation of a RBL that shares its first mark with another RBL
- Don’t delete pre-existing mark when cancelling the creation of a RBL that uses that as its first mark
- Added up/down controls to the own-ship display VRM range options
- Increased timeout waiting for AIS to respond to vessel and voyage changes to 3 seconds
- Fixed performance issue in Route Monitor with very long river routes
- Ignore MWV sentences that don’t contain a valid angle and speed (rather than using zero)
- Changed the backing-down detection for look-ahead/heading-up mode to provide a more stable display when “stationary”
- Disable route obstacle checking during synchronization and perform a fresh check when synchronization is finished
- Fixed problem where some systems could not show All Instruments in the new Add Instrument page
- Changed new analog clock to be more analog
- Show mile marker position in cursor status area on chart controls (+Inland)
- Correctly pickup AIS vessel size after clearing a manually entered size
- Fixed problem saving and restoring sensor options for NMEA 2000 devices
- Fixed closing Rose Point ECS when Exclusive Application Mode is enabled
- Change Install link to Remove after installing additional gazetteer and change Remove link to Install after removing one
- Shorten names of daybeacons when the “Shorten ATON Names” option is enabled
- Updated to WMM2015v2, the World Magnetic Model update recently released by NOAA
- Updated link to USACE IENC Discrepancy Reporting page
- SERVICES: Rearranged backup storage structure and added an index file (old folder was called “Rose Point Nav Pubs”; new folder is called “Rose Point Backups”)
- SERVICES: Delete cancelled pubs from backup
- SERVICES: Fixed issue with updating some pub backups
- API: Added real-time value to NavData API
- Fixed problem downloading charts and accessing some other services when certificate revocation server access is blocked by a firewall
This is the first release of Rose Point ECS version 4!