Coastal Explorer Support
The latest version of Coastal Explorer is 4.0.23043.1747
This update replaces the NMEA 0183 sentence filtering feature with filters that include the talker identifier (the first two letters of the sentence). This allows sentences from particular devices to be filtered when a port has more than one of the same type of device as long as the devices have different talker identifiers. Since the old filter feature is being replaced with this new one, any filter configurations you might have made will need to be reapplied.
- New talker-id-based NMEA 0183 Sentence Filter
- Indicate when a route leg has a discontinued current station attached in Route Details.
- Always draw IENC on top of ENC (in order to provide a better display where USACE and NOAA charts overlap).
- Tips for navigation objects will now show the name of the layer containing the object.
- Include information about Zones of Confidence in the help window.
- Fixed a problem with the current-based ETA calculations where some legs would show much longer transit times than they should have.
- Fixed the datum label on Canadian tide graphs.
- Route Details would not show date transition on last leg.
- Various minor issues with the new Layers browser and the ability to use multiple documents.
Help, Tips, FAQs, and Videos
Find documentation, tutorials, tips, and videos from the Rose Point crew.
Report a Problem or Get Help
Report problems you’re having or ask questions of the Rose Point support staff.
Coastal Explorer Forum
Discuss Coastal Explorer with Rose Point and other users.
Remote Control Support Sessions
Some problems are easier to solve when we can have remote access to your PC. We can use Zoho Assist or TeamViewer to facilitate these sessions. (Depending on your PC's configuration, you might need to provide and administrator password to install either of these apps.)
During the session you will be able to watch everything that is going on and can terminate the session at any time. When the session is complete, we will no longer have access to your PC.
Please contact Rose Point Support to request a Remote Control Support Session if you have not already been given a Session ID.
If you need to use TeamViewer instead of Zoho Assist, please use the link below to download and start TeamViewer.
The TeamViewer window will show instructions for calling Rose Point Support along with an ID and a Password that were generated for the support session.