Effective: January 9, 2018
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website, call us at (425) 605-0985, or write to us at Rose Point Navigation Systems, Inc, 18005 NE 68TH ST - Suite A100, Redmond, WA 98052 USA
Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer some products and services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, however, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a Account or other Rose Point Navigation Systems service or promotion that requires registration or make purchases, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, street address and an account password).
- Log information - When you use one of our web services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send us email, we do collect your address so that we can effectively respond to inquiries, and for limited promotional activity. You can always opt out of any promotional communications by contacting us. We will provide an automated way of opting out of any promotional communications.
In addition to the above, we may use personal information for auditing, research and analysis, to maintain, protect and improve our services, to ensure the technical functioning of our network, and to develop new services. We may also use personal information to provide customized content and advertising.
If you supply us with your postal address on-line, and you choose to have your address used for marketing purposes, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. We will disclose to you if information you provide will be used for periodic mailings and you will be given an opportunity to opt out of this service.
With respect to Ad Servers: To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with other groups that we allow to place ads on our Web pages. As a result of your visit to our site, ad server groups may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration or make purchases we ask you to provide personal information.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case we may not be able to provide those services to you.
You can contact us at the above location to opt out of any services we provide at any time.
RPNS only shares personal information with other groups or individuals outside of RPNS in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated groups or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Rose Point, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who looked at a certain destination, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
Information security and integrity
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents of Rose Point Navigation Systems, and who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Rose Point services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users' personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
If you feel that we are not following our stated information policy, you may contact us through our website, call us at (425) 605-0985, or write to us at Rose Point Navigation Systems, Inc, 18005 NE 68TH ST - Suite A100, Redmond, WA 98052 USA
Changes to this policy